Friday, September 1, 2006

Fall Ahoy!!


It is September 1st today and it was cool outside when I took Jonah to the bus stop. I enjoy Fall time. I like it when the leaves start to change and I like it when I can wear jeans and sweaters. I will miss my Rainbows but they will come out every now and then when it's snowy. I sometimes wear them to the bus stop in the winter time.
Jonah started Soccer last night and Gavin will start next week. It is an indoor league. I love outdoor Soccer because I love it when it rains on a game. I love the smell of wet grass. It reminds me of back when I played Soccer at the Laguna Niguel field out on Crown Valley Pkwy. It would be night time and foggy and cold. I loved it! Ahhh....memories.
I have decided that I like Fall and Spring here in Utah. I enjoy the beginning of summer but not the 103 degree days. Yuck! When Fall comes, everyone is dying from the heat and ready for the cooler temperatures. When Spring comes, everyone is dying from the freezing temps and ready for nice warm days to play outside. I like those feelings when those seasons come. Can anyone relate with me?
If I lived in California it would be a different story though. I would want June/July weather all year so I could live at the beach and let my kids play all day in the sand and water. I hate a dirty car but if it is sand from the beach.........that's ok. Haha.
We are blessing Breck girl this Sunday. I can't believe she is two months already! She grows too fast. She is so smiley and fun. I wish all family and friends could be here for the blessing!

2 people admit to reading this:

Robyn said...

I wish we could be there for the blessing too. I love Utah weather! I can't wait until it cools down here. Perfect weather year round gets a little old, you know. I love October/November when it starts to get a little colder. But then it's annoying on Christmas day when it's 80 degrees. I watch all the snowy Christmas movies and feel like it's not really Christmas when the sun is shining instead of snowing. I loved the winters in Utah. I hate that the stores down here are selling sweaters and jackets already. We really don't need them. They should just stick to shorts and capris. Well, enjoy the beautiful fall up there. It is so pretty when the leaves change up there. You should go drive around Sundance. Bye! Rob

Melinda said...

I agree with Robyn. I wish we had seasons here. It is too hot in the summer sometimes, unless you live by the beach. At least then you get the breeze. In Esco. it's pretty hot. I can't wait for it to get chilly. I love Utah. My favorite time is the Fall and Spring too! I'm a jeans person and I'm sick of sweating in them everytime I'm driving or walking up the hill to school. Breck is so cute! I wish we could be there too! Love, mel