Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Much Ado About Lupe"


Well, my life can sometimes be filled with drama. Two days ago I was shopping in Old Navy and I left my phone in the cart when I left. About 10 minutes later I realized and turned my car around to go get it. It was nowhere to be found. I was a little emotional about it as I walked through the store asking people if there was a phone in their cart. I even called it a few times from the store phone. I left and went to a Cingular store to see what I could do. They disabled my sim card and put my same phone number on a new card and put that into a loaner phone. As soon as they did this I received a text message from someone I didn’t recognize. When I got home the same number called me. When I answered there was a girl asking for LUPE. “Hmm..LUPE snatched my phone from Old Navy”, I thought. I told her that LUPE stole my phone and if she talked to him she needed to tell him to return my phone ASAP. She seemed awkward. DUH! I went on to the internet and logged onto my Cingular account. There I found a couple of numbers that LUPE had called as soon as he stole my phone. Dummy!!! I called them and talked to a couple of guys that knew LUPE. I told them the same thing I told the girl and that I was not going to stop calling until he returned it. I then gave the girls # to my husband Jake. Jake called her and she gave him the runaround. He went online and did a reverse phone look up and found that she lived in West Valley. He then sent her a text telling her that if she didn’t call him back within 20 min. he was going to call the West Valley police on her. (scare tactics) 5 min. later the phone rang but it was a woman upset about the police thing. Jake calmed her down and explained what was going on. She said it had been her niece using her phone to text this guy LUPE. She was mad and yelled at her niece and said that she would help get our phone back. She did not want to involve the police because she herself was on probation. After many hours of text messages from her to LUPE with threats of calling the police or giving out his other phone # to us………..we got our phone back. At 10:30pm our home phone rang and it was LUPE calling to tell us that he left it with the cashier at a certain 7-Eleven store. We called it and found that he was not lying. Jake went and picked it up. After wiping it down with some Lysol wipes, we embraced our dear cell phone. We are so glad to have it back in our lives. I honestly don’t know how people lived before without cell phones. LUPE is 13 years old.

3 people admit to reading this:

Robyn said...

Ha ha hahahha haha! I love your title. Yeah, Stupe Lupe chose the wrong people to steal from! I'm glad you got it back. Who needs the police? Oh wait, the people of Newport do.

Melinda said...

Ha,I love that story. I have to admit..I skimmed through that blog becuase I already knew the story. I just wanted to read what your title was, and also what Robyn wrote...stupe lupe, Ha!

Robyn, Call me immediately. It's about tomorrow. I have no class now.

Melinda said...

post again!