Thursday, September 14, 2006

I don't really know......

...you know, what to talk about? I sometimes sit here at the computer and think about what I should post about. I really don't know this time. Haha. I would like to talk about that. Do you ever talk to a neighbor or someone in your ward that you just never know what to talk about? I do. Every now and then there is a person who I have absolutely nothing in common with or for some reason, can't find anything to talk about with them. It ends up being a very random or short conversation and I end up making up a reason to walk away from it. I hate this! Why can't I just ramble on about nothing like I am right now?
What about when you go to pay at a store and the cashier doesn't look at you or say, "Hi, how's it going?" It bugs me so I usually look at their name tag and call them by name and make them talk to me. It is their job you know.
Also, isn't it funny that almost everything that happens in life can be related to a "Seinfeld" episode. I think about that sometimes.
I also want to say that I really like this "Blue Bunny" brand ice cream called "Chocolate Fudge Brownie". Yummy.
Ok. That was my very super terrific happy random post for today.
Goodbye now.
PS- I miss Dad.

4 people admit to reading this:

Anonymous said...

Dana, maybe you should be doing what Robyn does, that is to plan out conversations in her head before going places. I believe she even plans out what the other person should say. OOPS...sorry Robyn now people are finding out your secret to great conversations!

jamirodana said...

Hahahahahaha. You know her too well.

Christie said...

Hahahahaha!!!! Ask Robyn about Paradise Hotel, her pinnacle moment in conversation planning.
Dana, thanks for commenting on my blog, I was so excited to see someone new! I have been a closet reader of your blog, and think your kids are so stinkin cute. I loved Breck's little white dress! Doing the girly stuff is so fun, and you will appreciate it even more having already had two boys!

Robyn said...

Okay, judge away, but I can't help that I was blessed with an uncanny ability to read people's minds and know what they are going to say next. And there is never a dull moment with Rob. Well, atleast I never get bored, but maybe the listener is. Oh my gosh, maybe I do talk too much!!!

And regarding Paradise Hotel, did you ever watch that show? It was one of the first reality shows where couples go to an island and get separated and tempted to cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriend? Well Amy, I think that was her name, had the sweetest boyfriend and she was so mean to him and cheated on him so it made me soooo mad and I imagined (not out loud...um...) what I would say to her if I called her....on a pay phone so she wouldn't see my caller ID. It was very emotional for me.

Also, I know a girl who is really shy and I try to talk to her whenever I see her because I know she needs a friend, but it is painful because she doesn't talk. She just stares, nods, grunts?, and then walks away. I just ask her questions about herself to try to get to know her. Who doesn't want to talk about themselves? It's so fun...or so I've heard....