Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HPYNSUN


If I lived in CA, this would be my license plate. HPYNSUN = Happy in Sun
It could also be HPYNWTR. Too bad Utah only has 6 letters instead of 7.

Growing up in sunny California was great! I live to be in the sun, which I know isn't the best thing always, especially when sometimes I refused to wear sunscreen. I loved the summertime playing at the beach. I loved the days where it was overcast in the AM and by 2pm it would burn off and be nice and hot.
I was a lifeguard for about 5 years or so at the Mission Viejo Rec. Center and it was a fun job.
Why? Because I got to hang out in my swimsuit and be warm in the sun.
When it was break, I jumped into the pool to cool down and then let the sun dry me off:)

I miss the sun. Today might be nice if that darn wind wasn't blowing around. I need Spring/Summer/Warmer weather to be here NOW!!!!
It is great for me mentally too. I get motivated to get out and be active, which I need.
Hooray for Summer!

Please come quickly.

6 people admit to reading this:

Kira said...

Us California girls just NEED sun. That is why my sister had to move back :) I remember as a kid I NEVER wore sunscreen, I am always on the lookout for skin cancer. I just love that feeling of the warmth on my skin though.

Marianne said...

I am SOOO with you on this! I opened the curtains in my kitchen and have been sitting in the sun reading a book today. Aahhh, I love the warm sun!

Rachel said...

But wouldn't you miss the snow? I'd miss the snow. Even though I am sick of it and can't WAIT to wear flipflops and capris and t-shirts and all that fun stuff. And yes, we are board game fans, just name the night and we'll be there.

Maker said...

Dana, the sun misses you too.
Seriously. It's not a completely one-sided relationship.
He told me he'd be back sometime in April.


wv: astri

Emily said...

Hey Dana! Found your photo-blog and your family blog - sweet!
I agree with you about the sun, on your suggestion we went out for a walk yesterday. It was sunny, but a little windy.
It did make me feel better though, and look forward to spring! (I'm not quite ready for summer yet)

Elise & Ty said...

A-MEN!!! From a girl who grew up in Phoenix, AZ, let me just say that I completely agree. This winter thing is for the birds. Spring, please come AND STAY!!!