Monday, February 9, 2009

Field Trip

So, I'm taking a photography class at night at the high school near by. The teacher has started some "club" and I joined. They do field trips every so often and Saturday was a trip to Farmington Bay. Everyone showed up around 8am for this annual event. I don't know what the event is called but fish are poisoned and then float to the surface of the water. The bald eagles come to eat them. We saw many sitting on the ice on top of the water waiting. It was a fun experience! Cold, but fun:) I don't have a super long lens, so these are the best I could get with my camera and then I zoomed in a little in Photoshop. The picture's are a little blury because of this. They are big birds!
Eagle landing.

Love this one with it's reflection in the water.

The lone eagle.

6 people admit to reading this:

Pamela said...

Wow, I am impressed. that would have been a really cool opportunity! You have a really good eye for composition!

Liz said...

I bet that was fun, and COLD! 8am? Yikes. Worth it, though.

Jamie said...

What an awesome experience! You're pictures are incredible. I've always wanted to learn more about photography, I think it's great you are doing it!

Robyn said...

Whoa, those are so cool. Such beautiful birds. Good Job Dana.

Christie said...

I love the reflection one. You do have a good eye!

Boo, I wich I could take a class with you. Any excuse to take a field trip away from ...err ... here ...

Barb said...

Wow, Dana, I loved the pictures of the eagles. You are getting some good pictures. Keep it up. I really like reading your blog. Way more entertaining than most!