Sunday, July 9, 2006

The Sundays..........

Today was pretty mellow for me. I woke up tired again and a couple of hours later, I took a nap.
It is week two with an infant. I didn't go to church yet. Maybe next week. I stayed indoors until the evening. I think I spent a total of 40 minutes outside. Haha. I am a hermit.
Did anyone catch the Italy/France game? Did anyone see the Fenchman head the Italian player in the chest? He was tossed out(carded) of the game and they lost. Since the USA was out of the game, we were cheering for Italy to win. (we think Jake is Italian so......)
Anyway, news flash! Jonah went to bed without any complaints tonight! I think this is a first. Maybe a second or third but it doesn't happen often. Jake goes back to work tomorrow so I will be alone with kiddos. I hope I get some sleep tonight or else........
Robyn, Dave and Trent are officially moved in to their new home in RSM. I can't wait to visit and sit in the hot tub.
Gavin is turning 4 on July 12th. I want him to go to pre-school but I don't think we can afford it and we don't qualify for HeadStart like we did when Jonah went. My question is: Does anyone know of a good program or anything I could use or find online to help teach Gavin at home? Let me know if you do. He knows all of the letters and how to write some of them but I need a creative way to teach him sounds and other things. Thanks. I'm off to spend time with Jake(and Breck of course). Later.

5 people admit to reading this:

Melinda said...

I too was glad that Italy won. I didn't get to watch the game, but I watched part of France vs Portugal and I didn't like the way France played. Yeah Italy!

Jake goes back to work already? That stinks. I hope it's not too hard with the 3 kids. I bet you'll be dying for some sleep at the end of the day. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana, this is Meggan, Robyn's friend. I sort of knew you a bit when I was hanging out with Tom in Utah....not sure if you remember me. Anyway, if you go to starfall.com they have some little programs for preschool through kindergarten. You can also go to kizclub.com or the learningpage.com
I am sick and pregnant and my girls (4 and 6) have learned their way around the world wide web.

Preschool IS so expensive. I am about to start paying $185/month for only two days a week. It kills me to write that check out...

jamirodana said...

Meggan, I remember you. I thought that I knew you first through Tony Cruz though. Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't you hang out with him or you were in the same ward in RSM. Don't you have a brother named Ryan? If so, I remember you first from that. When you say Tom, do you mean Tom Skallick(sp)? Phildo's brother? I totally forgot that you hung out with him! Man, that was 9 years ago. Weird, huh? Thanks for the info. Do you live in Utah? What does your hubby do?

Anonymous said...

I do know Tony Cruz, he was in our ward. Were you going out with him before? And yes, my brother is Ryan. I used to go out with Tom Scollick, but it obviously went down the drain. Apparently your relationship with Brian (?) did too. That was forever ago! We are getting so old.

I don't live in Utah. In fact, I may rather die first. Sorry you have to be there. Are you going to move back here anytime soon? I hope so. It's so fun to live in Cali.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»