Well, we have lived here in student housing for almost 5 years now. Let me share some of the joys I get to experience while living here. Most mornings I get to wake up with the sound of the 7 year old girl who lives above us roller skating up and down the hall. It is usually at around 7:30am. Sometimes when I wake up, it is because of the huge ride-on lawn mower passes my bedroom window. Back & forth, back & forth. Often I am woken up by a loud knock at my door like this morning. It is maintenance coming to fix a problem. I call the office to report a problem with my kitchen sink backing up but I never know when they will show up to fix it. I am lying in bed of course (in my underwear) when the knock happened. I jumped out in time to yell down the hall at him walking in the door. "Hang on!", I yelled. After throwing on whatever clothes I can find on the floor, I let him in. All of maintenance reak of cigarrette smoke too. My house still smells and he has been gone for 15 minutes. I do not understand smoking! Anyway, these are the perks of living here.
Oh, also, the other night I was walking down our hall in the dark(4 am) and I felt something under my heel. It felt like a small ball of something but was not sure what I had stepped on. I then had a strange thought. What if it was a ...................? I turned on the hall light and cringed. I had stepped on a big spider. Ew ew ew ew ew ew! It took me a while to fall back asleep because of the thought of what I had just stepped on.
Good Day!!
Movies: 2025
9 months ago


8 people admit to reading this:
Ha Ha Ha! That stinks. Remembe when it was the stupid woodpecker outside that woke you up every morning. Well, at least that's gone. You could make a seinfeld episode out of your experiences in student housing. HA! Hopefully, only a few more months of these experiences!
I can't stand spiders either. That would gross me out the whole night. If I find a spider in my bed, I Will not sleep there that night...or at least until I've searched the bed thouroughly(sp?) Ew, yuck!
Hi Robyn!Where are you?
I'm here Melinda!! Hi! I can't wait to hear about your wild upcoming weekend!
Dana, at least you didn't have 7 guys sharing a wall with you that played music so loudly and frequently that you memorized the songs and actually starting humming along to the Mexican National Anthem one day. Also, at least your neighbors don't have strange girls showing up at odd hours making "exchanges" at the door. Why do you think they were giving my neighbors money? Did they run a take-out business that I was unaware of? I don't think so. Unless they were in the botany business.
Now that we've moved, I'm grateful to have a yard with privacy. Oh wait, I don't. My neighbor who lives behind us pops his head up EVERY single time we're in the yard and says "Hey neighbor!" Who does he think he is? Wilson from Home Improvement? Our fences are super short so there goes my dreams of laying out with my tankini pulled up. Just a little mom....
Dana, I'm so excited for your move. You are going to have a brand new house! Don't worry, it might be tight but it will be worth it! Your townhome is as big as our house! That's crazy!! Love you! Bye!
started
new entry please
Ah come on Dana, it's okay if you dont' think your life is exciting. It will be to us. Blog!
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Post a Comment