I started the Master's Swim Team last week at the Rec. Center near by. I was a little nervous to go. The first night I had butterflies on the way there. Oh man, I thought I'd be way out of my league or that it would be way too much for me.
Well, I absolutely love it! I have always loved to swim but never swam competitively growing up. I swam, I was a lifeguard for about 7 years or so but that was it. I know the strokes pretty well but never swam for exercise.I love it! It kicks my butt too! It is a great workout and I'm excited to get into shape this way. The coaches I've met so far are great. Today we focused only on the details of the back stroke. It was cool. This is the stroke where you get the most water up your nose. I got plenty. If for some reason I'm sitting around and "drippage"(don't think it's a word) occurs from my nose, this is why.
If anyone is into swimming and wants to do it for exercise, let me know. I would love to go with people. I go Tuesday(night), Thursday(night), and Saturday mornings so far. It is $35/month for non-members of the rec. center. I think you just pay as you go each month. I started with one to see if I liked it. I hope to keep going and improve my technique and move up to the "fast lane".
(Not me in the picture. I just liked it.)


9 people admit to reading this:
Oh, I LOVE to swim! That sounds awesome! I would totally do it. Too bad I'm moving...ugh!
That sounds like fun. Swimming is a workout!! We want to get a pass to the rec center. We just have to sort out all of our stinking medical bills. ;)
You rock, swimming is fun. Mybe in the future I would do it. Gotta have more confidence and more time.
That sounds awesome Dana! Before we moved, my gym had a pool and I loved swimming at least once a week, it felt great to mix it up good luck and enjoy!
I'm a terrible swimmer, so I really admire those who can do it! It sounds like you are having a great time.
Good for you Dana! Im so proud! Sounds like fun.
I love to flounder- I mean, swim. Good luck with keeping the water out of your nose. :)
Dana I am glad you love it! How fun for you! I am sure you will be kicking everyones trash in no time!
Maybe someday I'll learn. It's on my list. For real.
Post a Comment