Well, she did it! Breck has survived the "taking away of the binky"! I initially did it as an experiment. She asked for "my binky", as she does almost all day long. I got one off the kitchen counter and cut the rubber part that goes in her mouth. I just took about a couple of centimeters off. She happily put it in her mouth and I watched. She kept playing with it with her tongue but had a strange look on her face. After about 15 seconds, she took it out and stared at it. Then she handed it to me. I said, "Should we put it in the trash?" She said yes. After a minute or two, she wanted it again. I handed her the same one(washed off, of course). She would say, "NO!" and swat it away. This lasted a few days of giving her the same "broken" one and now she is my big girl! It has been a couple of weeks now. We had a minor set back when Jake let her get on the kitchen counter to get a cup out of the cupboard and she found the binky stash that I forgot to throw away. I looked up and it was happily in her mouth. OH NO! I took it quickly out and took them straight to the outside trash. She was upset for about a minute but then we distracted her.
I'm so glad it's gone! The only thing that makes me sad is that this means she is growing up. :(
Before, yes, it was a big problem! Haha.
After. I love that we can see her pretty little lips and smile more often now. :)


11 people admit to reading this:
That was so clever! Such a smart mom. I love that Oaklee sucks her thumb, but I'm a little worried when it comes time to try to break that one. You can't trim away a thumb! :)
Wat to go Breck! Londyn's all done w/ the bink too! Yay!
Wat to go Breck! Londyn's all done w/ the bink too! Yay!
Yeah Breck! I'm glad she doesn't take it anymore. I think binky's are gross. But then again, I could never get my kids to take one so I don't really appreciate what an important calming device they really are.
That is a sweet double barrel binky shot!
I was so sad when we finally got Ellie to stop sucking her fingers. It was like a part of her childhood was gone. I think I took it harder than she did!
Good job, Breck.
That's a really clever way to handle it. Well done.
That is such a clever idea! I will have to let my sister in on it :)
That is great news... but sad too! I totally feel the same about taking Kenli's bottle away. It is time, but then she will seem like she isn't a baby anymore.
I often catch Keegan with one in his mouth and one in each hand! I never know where the extra ones come from, I think he stashes them! I want to take his binky away too, but I have another baby who still has his, and it is hard for Keegan to understand that he can't have his but Kaylix can. I will work on potty training, then the binky!!!
Way to go! I am hoping to do the same with the "ba-ba" soon. But it is hard when Jake is my baby, no more bottle means he is getting even bigger!
Post a Comment