I need to figure out how to do a slide show so you don't have to scroll down to see a bunch of pics. Mabye next time:)
This year for the 24th of July(but on the 23rd), we went to the Bountiful City parade. If you haven't done this yet, do it next year. You do, however, have to show up to Main St. at a very early time that morning to lay down your blankets or chairs to save your spot or you might not get one. Our friends were kind enough to get up and do it for us! It is a great little parade. Almost every float or group of people going by throw candy at the kids. They, of course, loved this. They would run out into the road and collect and keep a pile. It is almost like Halloween, sort of. Okay, not Halloween, but enough candy for the evening. Jake wanted to try to get a picture with random mascots that went by. He started this halfway through the parade so he only got a couple. It was fun to get him to run out and pose with them though. Later that night was the fireworks show at Mueller Park Jr. High. We went to our friends house near there and got a fantastic view of the show. I love fireworks!
We had some good friends come into town for a week and we got to see them a couple of times. They are in Med. school and are in between sessions so they came to Utah(they are both from Bountiful/Woods Cross) to see family and friends. Since they are locals, they took us to a really fun park up in the hills of Bountiful. North Canyon Park. We will be going there frequently. As a family, our favorite thing to do on Sunday nights is go to parks and hang out when it's cooler weather. Anyone want to go? :0)
It was a fun week that ended with fireworks and my sister Melinda coming to visit. I don't have any more visitors coming for a while now.......boohoo!
Our good friends, Craig and Janalyn. The boys!! Rockwell, Gavin, Jonah, and Noah.
Me and Janalyn at the parade. Jake and random "gumby cookie" as I called it.
Everybody loves the Frosty!
24th Fireworks show!!
24th! I think these turned out pretty cool with the new camera.
Me and the Babe.


11 people admit to reading this:
Love the firework pics! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Looks like fun. I love the gumby cookie and frosty. That's a funny idea.
That looks like so much fun. We miss you guys!
What's the 24th? You missed the the holiday by 20 days! Looks like you guys had fun. Seeing Jake in front of the Frosty reminds me a Robbers Roost trip (where we hit Jeremy in the head with a knife) in which we ended our trip by stuffing ourselves at a Wendy's. Can you say tripple burger?
Word verification: yatokd!
Bahahahaa!
Word verification: trazcty!!
I love the frosty mascot! THat is awesome!
please don't learn how to do the slideshow thing. i think they're the most annoying things on the internet. i'd much rather just scroll through the pictures.
wf: mudur!
Bountiful sure does a good parade. I think you got it right " gumby cookie" haven't seen anything like it before. Oh and count us in on the park, I epsecially like the veiw.
Hey Willis Fam! Jake contacted Corey years and years after they worked together at the state hospital in provo. Sent us a link to your blog. So we thought we would stop and say Hi! check us out we BLOG too!!
ckdalebout.blogspot.com
Jake your awesome it was cool to get back in touch after so long. Do you remember when Erin close lined our little black kid while we were playing football in the snow? Were you there that day? He nearly took his head off. I still tell people about that. For some reasone I can't remember his name but I can see his face in my mind plan as day. That was probably the coolest job I have ever had.
We loved spending time with you guys! The boys had so much fun together too! I am not sure when we will be back to visit, but you always have a place to crash if you want to venture up to Portland! That picture of me and Craig is so funny. We look drunk or something! You look great in that picture with your sister. And I stole the picture of me and you at the parade and the pic of the boys. Thanks!
Post a Comment