Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The next Ansel Adams? Nope, the next Dana Willis!

I have always had an interest in photography. Lately, (atleast the past few years) I have said that I wanted to take classes and learn more about it.
Jake and I had our 10 year anniversary last Friday. Jake is very good at making mental notes and keeping them in his head. I am good at making mental notes but then they leave soon after.
Well, for my anniversary present he got me a new camera and had me go to a little class that is offered at a place called Pictureline. Needless to say, it mostly went over my head as I don't know much about White Balancing and such. (I hadn't even turned my new camera on yet.)
I am ready to experiment and read more about my camera and about how to take cool photos with it. If anyone knows much and is willing to take me under their wing..............I would love it.
My camera is a "starter" Canon Rebel XTi 400D. All I know is that most of the people in the class I went to have it and love it.
Thanks for being so thoughtful Jake. He is a big supporter in the "if you have a passion, do it" theory. I'm glad. I love you! Happy Tenth!

14 people admit to reading this:

Jennie said...

If you have any questions, I'd love to help :)

Pamela said...

Awesome camera. I took Intro to Photography at the Salt Lake Art Center. The classes were awesome and I learned a ton. It is right by the Temple so not too far from you. You should check it out.

Stephenson and Katie said...

What a sweet husband! That is so fun!!

Val said...

I don't know anything about photography, but you can teach me after you learn :) J/K
Way to go Jake! that's an awesome 10 year gift.

Anonymous said...

I have always had a passion for photography also. In college I was a photographer for the school paper. It is always fun to see how your pictures turn. Have fun with it.

Kelly said...

Hey, I know it's a little strange for me to offer, but I'm willing to help you with anything that I can...white balance?
E-mail me if you want - I love to talk photography! :)
kellyfurg@gmail.com

Robyn said...

Wow, Jake is the nicest, most thoughtful husband. I can't wait to see pictures from your new camera. They are going to look so good. I want a camera like that so bad!

Freddy and Mandy said...

10 years already!! Crazy! I'm super jealous about your camera!

Tiffany said...

What a nice guy :) Sorry the whole "mini vacay" didn't work out. That's the PAINS of flying standby. I hope you guys had fun anyway! Thank you for your sweet gifts :) :) :) OH- and I look forward to seeing you in RS!

Chris and Tara said...

Happy tenth! Chris and I just celebrated our 6th on Friday but I didn't get a fancy camera. Hmmm. Maybe I should "accidentally" leave your blog on his computer...

Christie said...

Yay for Rebels! Dana, I just learned how to use the custom white balance on our camera, and I couldn't believe what a difference it made on indoor pictures. I am so not an expert, but I can help with some things.

Oh, and their is a good Dummies book - DSLR Cameras and Photography for Dummies. I didn't even know wat those leters on the dial were for until I read that book. Have fun with your camera!

jenroy said...

Wow! 10 years, that's awesome. Congratulations!

The camera is indeed an excellent gift.

ariel said...

glad to see your site in working order again :) i thought i had a computer virus or something when i clicked on your link the other day. congrats on the new camera!

Jen said...

Go to www.pioneerwoman.com and click on her photography tab. You might find some things that will be fun to try out.

You can link to her on my or Christie's blog too.