Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Most Favourite Group In The World


Okay. I want to post about Jamiroquai. So many do not know who they are because they are not huge in the USA. I don't hear them on the radio. Last year, I heard one song on some station (maybe 107.9?) and I called them to let them know that I appreciated that they were playing Jamiroquai and said that eveyone should be playing them. (I'm sure the V.J. thought I was strange.)

Well, Jamiroquai has been around for a while. Their style is like a funky, disco, jazzy sort of music. Great musicians. My friend Brandi introduced them to me one night in San Clemente, CA. while driving in her Celica (cool sports car back then). It made the drive so enjoyable and I asked,"Who is this group?"

You may know them from the "Napoleon Dynamite" dance song at the end. They also have songs in the movies "Center Stage", "Devil Wears Prada", "Sweetest Thing" and more. I have every album so far(minus some imported stuff) and love them all.

This is the music you listen to when working out, cleaning house, driving and you want it loud, dancing, etc.... You cannot listen and not start moving!

**Go listen to some tunes and you will have found a new love**

I like all kinds of music (except Country, haven't been able to get into that) but Jamiroquai still remains my favourite(spelled like the British would spell it)!

It might help also, that the lead singer Jason Kay (Jay Kay) is a cutie (a not so close second to Jake).


Take a lookie below. He is funky and has style in my opinion. Oh, somewhere there are photos of a Hugo Boss photo shoot. I'm not the only one who thinks he has style. :)


Now, go find it and listen!

5 people admit to reading this:

Lori said...

tommy is a big fan!

Melinda said...

mmm, mmm, he is very hot! I love his music as well. Except I'm afraid my sister who has all the albums has not shared some of them with me. :)

It's the best to work out to. I have several of his songs on my ipod thanks to you and Brandi.

Robyn said...

Whoa, I didn't know he looked like that. Very handsome. They have very good tunes. I will download some to run to. I have been keeping up on your blog, but haven't commented lately. I hope you have a great weekend away and enjoy your anniversary! 10 years baby!!!

Liz said...

Thanks for writing this blog. Walker and I are fans, but I've never known too much about him. Great music!

Groff Family said...

I have always loved that band! I was stoked when I the song was on Napolean Dynamite. You are right that they should be played more in the U.S.