........there was a handsome guy named Jake. He had been home from Panama for a few months and decided to move out and live with an old mission companion named Chuck. The phone rang one afternoon and he stepped towards the phone. Little did he know his destiny would be on the other side of the phone when he answered. Their voices met for the first time as Dana called for her friend Chuck. Jake was friendly and witty and Dana was curious about the new voice who answered the phone that day. They eventually met face to face and became friends who would do everything together such as: drive-in movies, rollerblading, playing the dizzy game at the park, and going to the Clark Planetarium for laser light shows. Their friendship was unique and fun but yet, in the back of their minds they were wondering if they were more than friends. Dana would sit for hours and talk about it with her roommates ,for they never tired of the topic. Jake did not sit around and talk about it, for he is a man. One late night, they were hanging out, as they always did. Dana thought to herself, "I like this guy, and it is 3 in the morning. If we are still hanging out this late he must like me more than I think." Dana decided to plant one on his lips. They kissed for a little while and Jake told Dana that he had liked her since day #1.
The friendship turned to romance.
Dana invited him to drive with her to California to meet the folks.
After a little drama, caused by Dana, and some make-up makeouts, Jake proposed on February 13th. This caught Dana off guard as she was thinking he would have chosen the following day to propose. Jake and Dana were so happy and excited to be married in the Los Angeles LDS Temple on June 13th. They called their families and went to eat at Tony Romas "Famous for Ribs" to celebrate. They did marry, have kids, Jake finished school, and they bought their first home. They now live very happily with their cute little family. Dana is so glad Jake proposed to her ten years ago.
Movies: 2025
9 months ago


19 people admit to reading this:
Cute story! I really like the picture of the two of you.
You guys are SO cute together and perfect for each other. Your personalities go so well together, I notice that everytime I see you. That is a cute picture of you two. And aren't you glad now that he proposed on the 13th since you got married on the 13th? Or am I just a dork when it comes to numbers and stuff like that? I like that he proposed on the 13th....it is unexpected.
LOVED the Ode to the Geo. I had no idea you still had that little blue speedster. Oh the memories. I need to come to your blog more often now that you're blogging more than once a month!!
Hope your V-day was fun, I spent mine at Jon's girls basketball CIF game! (oh yeah baby) They won tonight and play on Saturday. This is only the 5th time they've made it to CIF, so it's pretty exciting. Have a great weekend!!
How cute are you, you little valentine! You guys are awesome!
I loved that story!! Best friends first is so the way to go.... You guys are an adorable couple!
Great story, I can't believe it almost didn't work out just because Jake didn't like the beach...dude. I can't believe you planted the first kiss! I am so glad you got married! You are both so perfect for each other. I didn't like how you said, "The End" because you've got many more years to go!
Robyn, "The End" was just put there because of the way I told the story. I know there is no end. haha.
My favorite part of the story is "Jake did not sit around and talk about it, for he is a man." LOL! That is so true!I cracked up! That is a great story!
Cute story!
You crack me up! That is a great story! I like to know how other people met, it is fun! Heres to the next 10 years and the many many more to come!
Tricia
What a cute way to tell your story! I love getting to know you better this way, and you better keep signing up for the crafts so we can keep having fun!!
thanks for the cute input about me, its very flattering!! your a doll!!!
"for he is a man . . ." love it. And I love that you kissed him first after deducing that he must like you more than you thought. Clever girl.
What a fun story! You guys are a great couple and it was fun to hear how it all began :)
As I was reading that post I was singing the song Making Love out of Nothing At All by Air Supply. That's how your story made me feel. Can you believe we're all coming up on the big 10 year mark? Yowza! I recommend you come to Hawaii land. We'll put you up for free. I KNOW you want to spend your anniversary sharing a bunk with my kids. Seriously though we could get you a Beach House at a private beach for $60 per night.
Anyway, stay cool and stuff.
Dana that was a sweet story! You guys are so much fun. Craig and I talk about how much we miss hanging out with your family. We will be there in July, we need to plan a trip to the canyon or something.
Hey Dana! Haven't seen you since your visits to Jeff at Evergreen! Fun to see your blog and see photos of your cute boys. I'm expecting a second boy and actually, one of the names we're considering is Jonah, so we'll see. I'm ready to pop. Anyway, loved reading your V-day story and love that you posted to yourself. Awesome. What a cute family you have!
Hey Dana! I am glad that you posted on my blog so now I can visit yours! You two are so cute and I loved your story. We miss you guys!
The Groffs
Such a cute story, and I love that picture of you two, you look gorgeous! I am glad you found my blog so I can now stalk yours! I too think it was great to see you last week, it sounds like everything is just as busy as ever. Hope all is well...
That is such a cute story! I only ever hear the part about how Peter made Jake promise to not get married until he was home from his mission and then tried to extend his mission on you.
Great site Willis Family--Jake I know you put most of it together, it looks great! I have to admit, Dana's younger brother looks a lot like me--good looking man.
Post a Comment