Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's only been 2 1/2 years.........

that I have been saying,"I really want to frame our Mater bath mirror!" Well, we finally did it.

I love it! The mirror looks bigger than before, which is funny because it was huge to begin with.

After looking into buying the wood, painting or staining it, somehow getting it to stick to the mirror with something heavy duty, I saw an ad at Robert's Craft. It was 30% off of custom framing and ended one day later.

It was a little impulsive because I didn't look around much to see if we could do it for less $(I checked a little and what I saw was way more), but I love it! It isn't stuck to the mirror either. We hung it on the wall just above the mirror so it looks like it is framed. Cool, huh?

My bathroom is fancy now:) hahaha. I wasn't going for fancy, but it looks so much better to me now.

NOW, I just have to find a good color to paint the bathroom. Hmmmmmmmm.....................



12 people admit to reading this:

Linda said...

Wow! That looks great! I love it!

Robyn said...

I love it!!! I am so jealous. It makes your bathroom look so fancy. Good fancy.

Gretchen said...

So nice. I did ours and I LOVE it. By the way, I ALMOST went privite because of "Maker"! I was kinda scared. But now...Im fine! and I went back and read the comments and now that I know who they are from it is hilarious!

The White House said...

It looks so fancy and I love how you just hung it supper clever idea.

Stephenson and Katie said...

gorgeous! You might have to teach me how you did that cause I probably want to copy you... :)

Rachel said...

I framed my master bathroom mirror too and I love the way it looks. Yours is a lot fancier, though. I just glued window casing trim to mine that I had painted black. I like the idea of it just hanging because you can change it. Way to go!

The Lindsays said...

That looks SO nice. I've been wanting to do something like that to our bathroom mirrors too...great idea!

Emily said...

Ooh, I love it!

Melinda said...

THat is way cute! Did you have to take it in to get done, or did Jake do it? You probably wrote about that, but obviously I didn't read it all. Sorry, I just wanted to see the picture, but the kids are whining. Also, you look great in the mirror. You look so skinny, and your hair looks good!

Summers Family said...

love it!

Sue said...

That looks fantastic! I love that look and can't believe how easy it was (or at least you made it sound super easy :) ). Way to go!

Nicole said...

It look great, and so do you!