It was a good Halloween. The kids of course have too much candy, in my opinion, and will be eating it in moderation if I have anything to do with it. I watched some news show a while back and it talked about the average amount of calorie intake for a child on Halloween is 3,000. I can't get that out of my head I guess.Anyway, they had a blast trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood.
Costumes went as followed:
1. Jonah was a member of our US Army.
2. Gavin was Sonic the Hedgehog.
3. Breck was a ladybug or "Boo Bug" as the boys called her.
The main reason I like Halloween is because it means we are getting closer to Christmas!
We also completed the tradition of watching the TV special "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown". Poor Charlie Brown, he kept getting only rocks in his bag as he trick-or-treated. I never understood that one or many of the negative things that constantly happened to him and never to the others.
Well, Happy Halloween!


9 people admit to reading this:
What a cute picture! Those are great costumes. 3000 calories? YUCK! That gives me a stomach ache! I hid my boys candy already, or Rockwell's would be gone for sure!
Oh and poor Charlie Brown. I don't get it either.
cute kids! i agree with you that the good thing about halloween is that we are closer to christmas...which i love! i think i took in about 10,000 calories in candy because i bought candy too early and ate the whole bag. that happened 3 times before i concluded that i would not buy any more candy until the day of halloween when i would have to save it for the trick or treaters.
Yay Dana!!!! Thank you for the comment. I do check in (spy) on you occasionally!! I love your choice of boy names...is your "Gav-man" as spunky as mine?! I'll be checking back often!
Nice face Gavin, he's too funny. I like to just picture him running around all day with his sonic day dreams and impersonations. Breck looks adorable in her costume and has the cutest smile. I like Jonah's too. Good work.
Breck looks adorable. Can I have that costume next year for my girl? I love that picture of Sonic and the army guy too. They are so cute.
I just read something about Charles Schultz being really anti-social and lonely throughout life so he created Charlie Brown to represent himself and how he felt about himself. Isn't that sad?
Holy smokes, I just discovered this blog when I was looking over the Tracey blog. Not only am I excited to be able to catch up with you and your family, but you have links to several people I know and like! Bob says "hi," and Jack wants to say hi to Jonah.
Dana! Your kids look so cute in their costumes. I too LOVE the fact that Christmas is closer now. I have been listening to Christmas music for about 2 weeks now and my family thinks I'm CRAZY!!!! I just pulled out 1 decoration today, I will wait a couple more weeks to do the rest, if I can resist! Call me if you come to town for Christmas I would really love to see you--I'm bummed I couldn't hook up with you when you were down a couple weeks ago.
Hey Liz. I'm so glad you found us. I did a little exploring too and found you. Congrats on the baby coming. Loved the piano recital by the way. I love that the teacher messed up and not Jack! Hahahaha.
cute cute cute! love it, naomi was of course cinderella with green shoes and a green glow in the dark wand! I will blog a pic for you! So I love the pad of paper cartoon, i totally did that in highschool with my teachers pad, she didn't like it! i think I drew a happy face to a mad face, anywho, halloween was fun and yes lots of candy, but i gave most to my babysitters and of course tommy ate a ton, so i was ok this year, but i can never resist the cheap (5 sec gum) and alomond joys and well lets face it anything chocolate! :)
Post a Comment