Saturday, February 6, 2010

Finally.

I finally finished reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I'm a weird reader. I don't mind reading. I like it, sometimes. I can't just pick up any book and read it from cover to cover like some can. I also definitely cannot read it through the night like some can. I value sleep way too much. Anyway, the book really has to grab me in the first few chapters or I'm done. Am I a book snob? I don't know. I don't think I am.
Maybe I am. I am a pickle snob. I will only eat certain pickles. All others are nasty.
The "Potato Peel" book was cutely written and entertaining. It was, however, a slow beginning for me. It took me a while to get into it. The 2nd half is what got me reading almost daily:)

Now on to another book: The Hunger Games

By the way, Jake said,"Did you get that hunger book yet? What kind of diet is it about? Is it any good?" Hahahahaha!
I guess that is the author's fault for naming it that title.

I've heard it is really good......we'll see. :)

12 people admit to reading this:

Kristol said...

I'm trying to read the "potato" book, too. It is slow in the beginning. Hasn't really grabbed me yet. Hunger games is good, but very intense. Happy reading!

Marianne said...

I have the hunger games on hold at the library. The last time I checked, I was #324.

Amy said...

I'll be interested to see what you think of Hunger Games. The potato book has been on my list for far too long. I should work on that.

Everybody is a snob about SOMETHING. Me? Toilet paper. I'm a toilet paper snob.

Rachel said...

Yeah! I'm glad you liked it eventually. I loved it. Hunger Games will get you from the beginning. It does not take long to get into at all. I have the sequel if you need it. (I have Hunger Games too if you need it.)

Emily said...

Yes, Hunger Games is awesome and you will get hooked immediately. I loved Guernsey too, it was a so sweet. I love Jake's comment about the book, too funny!

jakenapril said...

ditto. loved 'potato'. haven't read 'hunger' yet though, although i have heard only good things. and i, too, am a pickle snob. :)

Tiffany said...

I just finished hunger games.. I liked it. Maybe I should borrow the potato one from Racehel.. I also really like "These Is My Words"

keith said...

The Hunger Games is AWESOME I read it in one day it was that good!

Jennifer said...

I loved Hunger Games and the sequel too. I'll have to give the potato book a try. I just read the Percy Jackson series because I was tired of being left out of the conversation between my boys about those books. I didn't love them, but they weren't awful either.

I'll pretty much eat or shop anywhere, but I am a snow snob - It has to be just right and the perfect weather for me to even consider strapping anything to my feet and throwing myself down a mountain!

Heather Strong said...

WHAT? You have a BLOG? I blog stalked you (along with several others in the ward). :) I have one - it is locked. Send me your email via Facebook and I will add you!

POPPY SEED PROJECTS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meeshab said...

Read the potato book, wasn't impressionable to me. Love Hunger Games and sequel :)