Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas in CA

This year we decided to go celebrate Christmas at Grandma's in California. We were so excited to go see family and be amongst the warmer temperatures too. Christmas Eve we gather to read from the scripture's about the story of Jesus' birth. My Mom was the donkey this year and Jonah and Breck were Joseph and Mary. Haha. These are the "costume's" we use from the bathroom and closets.



My brother Jeff came from Michigan to have Christmas at home.

Each year we also read a story form Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book. It is read by my little brother Jay since the main character in the story is called "Jay Bees Daws".


Jeff and Trent hanging out.

My family has the tradition of photographing the kids on the stairs Christmas morning before they go see if they got anything for Christmas:) My Dad used to always say,"Kids, Santa didn't come." We always just laughed and ran past him to see our gifts in the living room. He was a joker, my Dad.
Here are our kids, bed head and all.

Here is our family picture on Christmas Day at my Mom's.

Breck got a few little things that she was so happy to have. I love her little face below.

We finally got the boys a Wii this year and it has been fun to have. Jake and I now compete against each other. Look at Gavin's face. He is my child I have to really be careful with video games. He loves to play them too much.


All of my siblings came over for lunch and to open presents from each other. I had to shoot a couple of pics while we there together. Here are my two beautiful sisters below.

The 3 sister's always have to take a pic together:)

Jonah and I goofing off on the trampoline with my camera and dusk.
Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 people admit to reading this:

jtibs said...

My dad does the same thing! We still line up on the stairs while my dad goes to check and he comes back to tell us that Santa didn't come. I wonder if Grandpa did that when they were kids?

Marianne said...

Fun! Your mom as the donkey and the kid's bed head made me laugh out loud.

Amy said...

Such fun! I want it to not be too cold and nasty to play outside at dusk here. Could you bring some of that back with you next time?

Emily said...

I love your family picture, you guys are all such photogenic people! And, your mom rocks!

Craig and Janalyn said...

YAY! Glad you got to have Christmas in Cali! It looks like you had such a great time. We need to get together soon-- Before I am waddling. :)

Liz said...

Hi Dana, I just clicked over, but I was too late. I'm sorry. Your images are beautiful!