We are trying to find a little car to add to our family! (were you thinking I was pregnant? Nope!)
We sold the Geo. It was a very sad day! Really, I came in the house and bawled after they drove off in it. It needed some repairs in order to get it registered and it would have been around $650 which is more than the car is worth. Geo went to a cute, humble 16 year old boy who was ecstatic to have it! (many have said, "Someone paid money for that car?")
Yes, it still drives!! I told the boy(while gazing off in a different direction, remembering) I was also 16 when I got the Geo. I think he thought I was strange. I also hugged the door as I got out of it. Hahahaha! Okay, I am strange. Su Lo, I know you can relate with your "Buck the Truck" when you sold it!
Anyway, I bawled because of the many memories I had with that little car(see past post about Geo) and also my Dad bought it for me and he passed away just four years ago. I felt like it was another little piece of my Dad going away. Well, I'm sentimental.
Anyway, we have been trying to find a reliable car for Jake to drive around. We were looking at Toyota's and Honda's, but with our budget the miles are too high on the one's were looking at.
So, we decided to start looking at Hyundai's. We used to have a Santa Fe which I loved!
We are looking at Elantra's and Sonata's now.
I'll let you know what we ultimately find. Until then.................
Movies: 2025
9 months ago


10 people admit to reading this:
Just to throw in my two cents, I ahve a Mazda three which I love. And it has been very well recieved the last few years. Check it out on Edmunds.com.
Oh my gosh, I totally thought you were pregnant for like 2 seconds. I loved the Geo. I learned how to drive stick in it. It helped me when I had to drive all my friend's cars when they were drunk in high school. Designated driver!
I will miss that car but am glad it went to a good home.
I am always so sad when we sell a car. Luckily that has not happened too often but when it does I take a bunch of pictures of the car and me in the car. :)
I want to give a shout out for Mazda also...we have a protege and absolutely love it!
I thought you were pregnant when I read the heading! WAy to throw everybody off! I was sad when we sold my Nissan, but once I drove the Pilot a time or two, I forgot about the Nissan :)
Totally thought you were preggers.
Oh a sad day with the geo leaving. sniff, sniff. :-)
How'd you like lasts nights game? Crazy.
Even though its sad to sale a car you really liked, Its always fun to get a new car! Let us know what you decide to get!
I haven't ever had a car that long, but I would have been sad too. I can totally see why you are so sentimental about it! Good luck finding a nice little car.
I thought you were pregnant too :) I've found some pretty good deals on Saturns. They have been good to me :) Haven't had a lot of luck with Hyundais though.. but I've only had one :)
You fooled me, too. I feel your pain at selling you car. I was sad when I had to retire Mingle (I named her Mingle because she allowed me to mingle with my friends). She was a Toyota Tercel and was a fabulous car. Good luck!
Post a Comment