.....while driving through DayBreak, Utah.
We love to drive through DayBreak. If you haven't done it yet, you better go there and see what this place has become in the last 3 years or so. It is this huge 30 year master plan of a community to be built. It is growing quickly. We almost bought a townhome there a few years back but didn't feel right about the timing and stuff.
Some Sunday's we drive there and roam the streets looking at the neat and unique homes. Families are happily strolling around the neighborhood waving at other's. There are park's speckled throughout the neighborhoods. There is a school and a couple of churches too. There are walking paths, tons of green grassy areas, and a pretty lake you can paddle a little boat in or wade in the shores. We have friends that live there and they sold one of their cars and bought a golf cart. No joke! We saw it last time we were out there. She just plops her kids in and drives it around on the paths or to the grocery store across the street. I think that would be so cool! Saves $$$ too:)
This last Sunday we went to a larger park that is there on the shore of the lake. The kids had a blast and Jake and I sat and stared and admired the people that live there. Hahahaha!
It sounds funny, huh? We did.
The only problem I have with DayBreak is that in order to have a backyard, you have to pay the big bucks! Their whole idea is to not have a yard, but share "common areas" with the homes around you. While this sounds nice to some, I would hate to have my smoking neighbors always hanging out there blowing smoke on my kids. What if my neighbor was just plain weird? I would not want to share space with them!
Anyway, eveything else is perfect there though.........in my opinion.
Oh, and NOW, they are so lucky to have the Oquirrh Hills Temple to look at too!
Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
Movies: 2025
9 months ago


9 people admit to reading this:
We too drove around Daybreak and felt a little like we would like to live there. But the yard thing gets me, too. I need my private yard.
I can't read the blue print against the pattern background of this posting. Maybe keep the print black?
I love Daybreak and would have bought there if it wasn't so far from downtown, still wish I had just done it though. I am dealing with smoking neighbors now, ugh!
Yes, Daybreak is nice. I had a friend who just moved away though and she seemed to think it a little too "Stepford" for her taste.
The temple is breathtaking, we toured it last night, it has some really beautiful detail. The windows were all etched glass so from the outside they look like they have draperies, but they don't and it lets in all the beautiful light. It's really open and airy for a temple, lots of glass. It was really unique!
Robyn told me you guys had thought about moving out here...yeah, we like living here but it sounds like your distant admiration thing might be setting you up for disappointment if you ever move out here. We love the trails and the boats, but people are still people. It is a cool mix of people from different areas though. When you guys are out here next, give me a call! 801.302.9301. We have a little one story that suits us great for now. I know the yard thing is a bummer. You can get mid-size houses with decent yards though.
I LOVE Daybreak......too bad we can't sell our townhomes huh! (well, we can't at least!) Oh well Foxboro's cool too!
The view that you have from the temple is literally from my brothers front yard. They live right across the street on the north side of the temple!
I love Daybreak too, but I'm glad you guys ended up where you are! :) That's a beautiful pic of that temple...I haven't been out there in AGES - I should go see how it has grown!
And you're stuck with us... So sad.
Post a Comment