Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break..........ahhhhhhhhhh.





Zion National Park was awesome! If you haven't been, you should totally go! It is $25 for a 7 day pass for your car full of people and there is a free shuttle that takes you to the trails.




I have many picture's to post so here goes:


My Mom came up Conference weekend and was able to come with us to Zion.


One of the hikes we did was called Middle Emerald Pools. Here is Breck playing in the water.

This is a waterfall coming from Middle Emerald Pools to Lower Emerald Pools. I stood underneath it on the trail.




This was Weeping Rock trail. It was short, sweet and beautiful!



Walking the trail.






Jake and I(with Breck attatched) at Weeping Rock. Behind us was the view from the top of the trail.


At the bottom of Weeping Rock.




This trail was called "The Three Patriarch's". Jake is touching "Isaac" here. haha.



The 3 Patriarch's. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.


These are rocks. We thought it looked like pudding:) Yum.


We drove through the Mile Long Tunnel. It is just over a mile long.


The rock was amazing here! Ominous.






Ominous again!


We were driving and then saw Mountain Goats looking at us.

It was nice to have my mom there:) Breck had fun with Grandma!

9 people admit to reading this:

Robyn said...

Beautiful pictures. Wish I was there. What a fun trip to remember for the kids. Jake has a very strong back.

jamirodana said...

Breck only weighs 26 lbs. Robyn..........I mean, yes, he does have a strong back:)

Robyn said...

hahahahahahahah!

Linzy said...

Looks like you had a way better time at Zion's. I want to go back and hike one day! ....Yeah, the little yellow ball of fur from Horton hear's a who is my favorite too!! Her name is Katie. She's so random, it cracks me up!

Sue said...

What a fun trip! Your kids are quite the hikers. :)

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Fun! I love your pictures! We haven't been there for years. Hopefully next time we get down to Brandon's parents house we can take a side trip! I'm jealous your spring break trip looks like it was much warmer than ours!

loubige said...

Dana, those pictures are beautiful! What a gorgeous place--have never been yet.

Rachel said...

I LOVE Zion's! Collin and I got engaged there. It's such a beautiful place. Looks like you had fun!

Chris and Tara said...

I haven't been to Zion's in years. I love it there. But now we always seem to go to Moab instead (which I love even more. Ü)