I will always love jazz music, thanks to Dad. I will always balance my checkbook to the penny, thanks to Dad. I will never bite my nails again, thanks to Dad. I will always love to eat, thanks to Dad. I will always have a good sense of humor, thanks to Dad. (and Mom) I will always love bathrobes, thanks to Dad. I will always remember everything I have been taught by my Dad. I will always remember how blessed I am that I had 29 years with Dad before he had to go.
Happy Father's Day Dad.
Movies: 2025
9 months ago


4 people admit to reading this:
Dana....your dad was awesome! I hope today was not too hard. I have a close friend here that had her first Fathers day without her dad--basically sucks from what she tells me.
I want to share 1 memory of your dad....I remember how much fun we had coming to your house every Halloween-we HAD to go to your house-it was required by us kids :-), your dad ALWAYS had something up his sleeve to make trick or treating fun!! And even though we knew he was hiding it was always fun EVERY year to figure out what or where he was!
He treated your friends great Dana, what a great man.
Dana, great post. I agree with everything you said. He was such a wonderful man who taught us well! He is unique in so many ways and touched so many people's lives.
Baters- I love your blog! I love your poem like tribute to your dad- its beautiful and perfect.I love your comments and I love your pictures!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with me!!!!!! Now I don't feel so farrrrrrrrrrrrr away. Love ya!
I miss him and could really use him right now in my life.
Last week when I went to visit Robyn I decided to stop by the Cemetery first. I haven't been there for a long time. It's funny because I wasn't even thinking about Father's Day coming up. In fact, I forgot it was even approaching. Then, on Sunday, I was busy making breakfast for Jon so that he could have a nice Father's Day, that I hadn't even thought about Dad yet. Then we headed off to church. It wasn't until a youth speaker approached the pulpit and began reading a poem, that I actually thought about our Dad. I then began to sob uncontrollably at that very instant.
Sometimes I just get so caught up in other things, I forget to think about him more often. He was the best.
Post a Comment