This is long but great! My mother-in-law read it to me and I found it on the internet so I could post it for you. It made me laugh. It seems that we are always trying to do everything we possibly can to be the best we can. Sometimes it's ok to relax and "just say no" to people and things. I don't want to end up going nuts and I don't want to be remembered as a huge grouch of a mother.
The Girl in a Whirl
by ‘Dr. Sue’
(aka Vickie Gunther)
| | | “Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now! If you only knew how. I upholster, I scrub, and I pray. I sew all they wear! I drive them to practice! I cut all their hair! I memorize names of the General Authorities. I focus on things to be done by priorities. I bless with my talents! My toilets all sparkle! My checkbooks all balance!
Each week every child gets a one-on-one date. Our t-shirts are ironed! My toenails are polished!
Our family home evenings are always delightful.
I know all the names of each youth in my stake!
I help all my neighbors! I sing in the choir!
My sons were all Eagles when they were fourteen! My kids get straight A's! And their bedrooms are clean!
I fix the sink’s leak!
These things are not hard. It’s good if you do them. You can if you try! Just set goals and pursue them!
|


8 people admit to reading this:
Dana, that is funny and the bold print made it fun to read too. Those cliches are so true.
Classic....so hilarious and yet so sad b/c some people want/expect themselves to be that perfect. Yikes! What's scary is I could think of a couple people in my ward who actually seem to be just like this....rest assured that will NEVER be me!
Tangent....my parents took my girls to the stake production and they all loved it so much. My girls came home with the program and had underlined their favorites etc....pretty cute.
I'm bummed now that I couldn't go along with them.
Have a great Easter!
Loubige! I saw your girls there with your parents. They are all grown up and so cute. They really did look excited to be there.
I think I've read that somewhere before. Seriously though, I feel like I can barely do anything I"m supposed to. It is so stinking hard to do all the things we should be doing. And sometimes I let it take me down. Obviously, I shouldn't be so hard on myself, because that is seriously not realistic to do all those things!
Some people are totally like that though-so I've heard.
Robyn!...They seriously LOVED it! The next weekend they had Jon(my husband) make a CD and they wanted to download some of the same songs from the show......
ALSO...Melinda and Robyn...I hope you don't mind...I read your blogs! I clicked on them from Dana's. Do you care if I make comments on them?
Dana, are you guys coming down anytime soon to visit?
May 3rd we come down. Hooray!
Totally comment on Robyns and Mels blog. They would like that, I'm sure.
Louann, I hope I spelled your name right. You can totally comment on my blog! I would love it! I hope you enjoy it. It's kind of random.....but....it's fun.
That is really funny. I am definitely not that woman!
Post a Comment